About Me

My photo
Established in 2010, The TEXT ATL.com is a webzine and publication that promises to deliver only the most pertinent AND relevant information to the readers we serve.

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Miami Native gives up her hometown Hotspots

By Daryl Patrice


Spring break’s right around the corner and while many of us are planning on going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, Caribbean cruises, and even overseas, I’m going home. Now, before you get to shaking your heads in pity, I just happen to be from the number one spring break spot in the country, where it’s always hot and the women are hotter, hometown of Trick Daddy, Pitbull and Trina.  Yes, I hail from the sinfully sunny Miami, Florida, and for those of you joining me in my spectacular city this break, I’d like to share with you some of the hotspots and restaurants you should definitely check out.
1.) The first place you’ll want to hit is South (Miami) Beach. You have the sand, the water, the women and the men. That many delectable sights in one place are sure to make you hungry  (I speak from experience), but no fear because there are so many restaurants to choose from, I couldn’t possibly name them all. However,  I recommend  one of my favorite SoBe restaurants, Emeril’s on Miami Beach.
2.) Hookah anyone?  Visit Off the Hookah in Fort Lauderdale, just one county over. A hookah bar, restaurant, and outdoor lounge in one, it’s a great day or nighttime spot. Mediterranean-inspired dishes as well as American cuisine make this spot a winner. There’s nothing like lunch and hookah after a day of shopping to unwind!
3.) For my clubhoppers, there’s  a little something in my city for everyone. Club Mansion is the ultimate in pounding, exhilarating music. This is a spot where stars such as Trina and DJ Khaled have partied, so you know this is a place to be! For the chill, Club BED may be your style. There’s actual beds for you to rest on after you’ve danced your ass off.  Lastly, if you’re looking for exotic Club Nikki is the epitome of a tikki bar. Their  international menu and trendy outdoor venue will truly give you that Island feel.
And if you feel annoyance approaching after parlaying for so long with the AUC on the But being on SoBe , try Sunny Isles Beach in Aventura, about 45 minutes or so north of Miami Beach, or Aventura Mall just five minutes away from the beach. All of the beauty of South Beach is there, without some of the sheer craziness. Mind you, this is only a small bite of the great places to go in Miami. On your way to one of the places I mentioned, you’re bound to find ten more great places on the way! Explore, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do, and enjoy Miami!

No comments:

Post a Comment