About Me

My photo
Established in 2010, The TEXT ATL.com is a webzine and publication that promises to deliver only the most pertinent AND relevant information to the readers we serve.

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Yearbook vol1- The Creative: Sobriaus Ibim

By Keisha A. Mitchell


School/s: Georgia State
Classification: Junior

            For every great party flyer, there’s an even greater visionary commissioned to succinctly visually convey just how dope the event listed will be. Having said that, there’s a good chance your favorite flyer may have been created by none other than graphic designer and entrepreneur Sobarias Ibim, aka Sobi.
           The Atlanta, Georgia native says he knew from an early age exactly what he wanted to do: “I always knew I wanted to be in the graphic design industry.”
Sobi, who started out doing comics in elementary school, developed his company Maximum Animation LLC by the time he was in middle school.
“When I went to college, I want[ed] to form a company and make it legitimate.”  
Doing just that, Sobi has turned Maximum Animation LLC into a media and graphic design consultant/firm, and today, he actively does designs for different businesses and individuals throughout the city of Atlanta.
             When asked what inspires him, Sobis’ answer is simple “What inspires me is what everybody else is doing. When anybody’s doing something, I like to go left… [that way] I have a competitive edge over the others.”
            While that competitive edge has definitely helped set Sobi apart from his peers, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t see others as necessary. Sobi says that networking, and interaction with others has helped him gain much of his success. He explains:
“Most of the stuff I’ve learned and needed I learned by meeting people outside on a day-to day basis.” He continues: “Network as much as you can and get to know everyone. They can refer you to the best spots and the best people; you definitely can’t depend on juts school to get you where you need to go.”
         And Sobi is going places indeed.  In the upcoming year expect to see a lot more of the graphic designers work. Sobi explains “In the upcoming year, expect to see us working with a lot of big name clients.” And Sobi doesn’t plan on stopping there.
“I’m satisfied with what I have now, I’m blessed with what I have now, but I’m always reaching for more, so be surprised if you see us working on something [entirely] different.”
       As Sobi knows, we’ll be watching. And if you want to grasp for something graphically stimulating in the meantime or even just catch up with Sobi to inquire about how to join his team you can always check him, or his works out  on his website, maximum-animation.com, or on Facebook, screen name: Maximum Animation, or follow the companys’  tweets on Twitter.com/maximum animation.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment